Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Moonie Media Engages in Another Fabrication

[Note: This blog post is reprinted from the February 15, 2007 edition of Scoobie Davis Online]

david horowitz A little over a year ago, I wrote a post reporting that David Horowitz was essentially calling for violence against members of Congress by placing photographs of Ted Kennedy and John Kerry over a quote supposedly made by Abraham Lincoln that stated, "Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled, or hanged."  I noted the irony that this call for the execution of two men who served honorably in the military was being made by a man who violated the Espionage Act by publishing classified state secrets (quick note: if you want to really cheese off Horowitz, bring this episode up--Horowitz became hilariously unhinged when I did, click here and here).

I was reading Roger Ailes' blog the other day and discovered that the Lincoln quote--which the right, not surprisingly, has used to attempt to stifle debate on the war--was fabricated by the Moonie-owned Insightmag.com--the rag responsible for the phony Obama/Madrassa story.

This isn't the first time Horowitz has been hoodwinked by right-wing disinformation.  On his blog, Horowitz helped to spread an urban legend attempting to implicate the Clinton administration in the Enron scandal.

The more I read about Sun Myung Moon's media empire and its war against journalism, the more I realize the shortsightedness of national Democrats for not dealing with it (also click here).


UPDATE: Fox News Democrat Tammy Bruce, who also writes for Horowitz's FrontPageMag, made this observations on her blog:
Combine Newt [Gingrich] with John Bolton and I will be excited about the future for our great nation. That pairing would be the thing that would compel me to have an (R) or least an (I) after my name.

No comments: